Priority queueing and bridging

Hi,

I've got two 2610 cisco routeur which are configured as bridge and I would like to use "Priority queueing".

I tried to use the following configuration but when I do a debug priority all I see is bridge protocol. I then put the priority-group 1 to the ethernet interface and I still have the same problem.

Does anyone knows how to make it works ????

Thanks.

Configuration:

interface Ethernet0/0 ip address A1.B1.C1.D1 E1.F1.G1.H1 no ip directed-broadcast no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache no cdp enable bridge-group 1 ! interface Serial0/0 bandwidth 6000 ip address A1.B1.C1.D1 E1.F1.G1.H1 no ip directed-broadcast encapsulation ppp no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache keepalive 5 priority-group 1 no cdp enable bridge-group 1 ! access-list 100 permit ip host SERVERA any access-list 100 permit ip host SERVERB any access-list 100 permit ip host SERVERC any access-list 110 permit ip any host PROXY priority-list 1 protocol ip high list 100 priority-list 1 protocol ip low list 110 dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit dialer-list 1 protocol bridge permit no cdp run bridge 1 protocol ieee

Reply to
Timtom
Loading thread data ...

Priority queueing at layer 3 (e.g., IP) is only available when routing. The packet is only inspected up to layer 2 when bridging.

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

~ Priority queueing at layer 3 (e.g., IP) is only available when routing. The ~ packet is only inspected up to layer 2 when bridging.

That said, you could in theory craft an L2 ACL that matches on L3/L4 packet contents (assuming that your IP headers are the normal 20 bytes.)

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.