PRI with only 15 timeslots and mgcp

Hi all,

is there a possibility to manage a PRI interface with only 15 timeslots with CCM 3.3 (using MGCP)?

Gateway: 2651XM Module: NM-HDV WIC: VWIC-1MFT-E1

Background: The E1 has 31 timeslots but the upper 15 are disabled by the provider. When dialing out the gateway tries to use timeslot 31, even though "Channel Selection order" has been set to "bottom up". Setting "pri-group timeslots 1-16 service mgcp" on the gateway works until the router is rebooted.

How can I tell the gateway not to use the upper channels permanently?

Dietmar

Reply to
Dietmar Romer
Loading thread data ...

Not sure it will help, but you might try to create channel group (to your E1 config) and add to it just first 15 channels.

Reply to
Ivan Ostreš

I have already tried this, but the Callmanager overwrites everything in the controller section...

Dietmar

Reply to
Dietmar Romer

The channelisation is being over-written by the Call Manager. You can overcome this problem by removing the command 'ccm-manager config' from the router config. You do this after the router has associated with the Call Manager but before you reboot. Be aware that this will remove some of the control over the router from the CM. We had a lot of issues with E1 channelisation and MGCP, in the end Cisco advised us to go to H323. However I have spoken to a number of engineers who have had no problems with it. You can also alter the channel order selection on the CM to go from top or bottom (to start with channel 1 or channel 31) but this may cause problems with the channel selection process from the provider.

Dietmar Romer wrote:

Reply to
Gunkanjima

Hi,

removing the "ccm-manager config" sounds good - we will give it a trial.

Unfortunately, the "Channel Selection Order" parameter in CM has not any effect on the router. It always starts with channel 31. Even setting "isdn bchan-number-order ascending" does not help. It is only accepted when in SRST mode.

Any idea what's going wrong there?

Dietmar

Reply to
Dietmar Romer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.