Port Mirroring issue with cisco 2900 switch.

Currently I have this command set for the port that our Websence server is plugged into on a Cisco 2960 switch.

monitor session 1 source vlan 1 - 3 , 80 monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/2 encapsulation replicate ingress dot1q vlan 1

With this commends the port monitors VLAN 1-3. We do not want to monitor VLAN because all of our servers including the Websence server is in it. When I take off VLAN 1 from the command the port doesn't work. Is there a way to take VLAN 1 off monitoring and have Websence working on that port on VLAN 1?

Thank you for your help guys...

Reply to
sodethman
Loading thread data ...

Do you mean that you want just one switch port monitoring or are you wanting to monitor everything on that vlan?

James

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
James Flockton

I want to monitor every switch ports. With this command every switchport and vlan are being monitor correctly. We do not want it to monitor vlan 1. the problem is websense is on VLAN if we romove the VLAN 1 from the command the switchport that websence is on will no longer be on VLAN 1.

Thank you.

James Flockt> Do you mean that you want just one switch port monitoring or are you

Reply to
sodethman

Have you tried placing the Websense server in it own separate VLAN (non VLAN 1) ?

Reply to
Merv

Reply to
sodethman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.