PIX 515 Purchase Options

You may also wish to consider SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Factory Refurbished.

PIX-515E-R-BUN List: $3,495.00 New

PIX-515E-R-BUN-RF List: $2,692.00 SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Factory Refurbished

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIX-515E-R-DMZ-BUN List: $3,695.00 New

PIX-515E-R-DMZ-BUN-RF Not Available as SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Factory Refurbished

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIX-1FE List: $200.00 New

PIX-1FE-RF List: $108.00 SMARTnet Eligible Cisco Factory Refurbished

PIX SMARTnet Pricing Calculator:

formatting link

Find Cisco Registered Reseller Partners Worldwide

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom
Loading thread data ...

In article , goooo wrote: :Im looking at purchasing a PIX 515E for the 3 interfaces. :Just wondering if I can just get the Chassis (not bundle) which comes with 2 :interfaces and just purchase an extra interface to slot in? Or do I have to :purchase the 3 interface DMZ Bundle due to licensing or OS restrictions, :etc.

The 515E Restricted supports 3 interfaces no matter how you buy them. You can buy the chassis and PIX software separately, and you can buy the 3rd interface separately, but I think you will find that the DMZ bundle is less expensive than the sum of the 3 costs. If you get the regular bundle then you can certainly add the 3rd interface at a later time.

Note that you cannot simply drop in your own PCI card from a random vendor and expect it to work. The 10/100 card needed is, if I recall correctly, one of the Intel Pro line: but that's a quite large line and only one very specific member of that line will work. And that specifific member is, last I checked, no longer sold as new: if you can find it, you'd have to find it from people with remaining stock or second hand. For more information on this topic, search for "frankenpix".

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Im looking at purchasing a PIX 515E for the 3 interfaces. Just wondering if I can just get the Chassis (not bundle) which comes with 2 interfaces and just purchase an extra interface to slot in? Or do I have to purchase the 3 interface DMZ Bundle due to licensing or OS restrictions, etc.

Reply to
goooo

any Intel Pro card based on 82559 or 82557 chip will work.

Reply to
Roman Nakhmanson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.