Pix 501 VPN to Ravlin 3300

Howdy,

My company has a handful of Ravlin 3300's at our branch offices. We are adding a couple more offices and I would like to get them Pix 501 firewalls to do the VPN work. Can I get a Cisco Pix 501 to make a VPN connection to a Ravlin 3300 (multiple ravlins actulay)?

I know a sonicwall unit can, but I have not been impressed with them.

Thanks for you help,

Reply to
bernie
Loading thread data ...

In article , bernie wrote: :My company has a handful of Ravlin 3300's at our branch offices. We are :adding a couple more offices and I would like to get them Pix 501 :firewalls to do the VPN work. Can I get a Cisco Pix 501 to make a VPN :connection to a Ravlin 3300 (multiple ravlins actulay)?

I'm not certain, but it looks likely. PIX's IPSec was originally a Ravlin add-in card, so I suspect they haven't deliberately dropped compatability. 3DES, ESP, SHA.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

yeah, on paper it looks compatable. So I'll keep my hopes up. If I get it working I'll post my results.

Thanks for the reply,

Reply to
bernie

Hi Bernie,

Cisco and Redcreek ( i.e. Ravlin ) had a "following-out" sometime ago.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

I got it working! I used 3des-md5 with a preshared key. You MUST use the command line, PDM messes it all up. Took me a couple tries to find that out...

I used the vpn-sonicwall-pixfw.pdf file I found on cisco's site as a starting point. They have some commented sample configs that were very helpful... just ignore the sonicwall part of it and replace all of the aes-256 and sha stuff with 3des and md5.

Reply to
bernie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.