pix 501 line protocol is down on e0

Hi. My PIX 501 suddenly stopped working last night after a power outage and it is not comeing back up.

My interface is showing line protocol down. I hooked it up to an switch, and the link like on the switch showed up but the interface on the pix still showed line protocol down.

The result is the same with various patch cables, and the light on the front of the PIX is dark regardless of what I do.

Did my Firewall's enternal interface go bad? If so is there anything that I can do to help determine if it did, and if so can I get it repaired or anything so I can have my firewall working again? Here is the output of show interface ethernet0.

interface ethernet0 "outside" is up, line protocol is down Hardware is i82559 ethernet, address is 000b.4605.ce1f MTU 1500 bytes, BW 10000 Kbit half duplex 0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 9 packets output, 5310 bytes, 0 underruns 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets 0 babbles, 0 late collisions, 0 deferred 9 lost carrier, 0 no carrier input queue (curr/max blocks): hardware (128/128) software (0/0) output queue (curr/max blocks): hardware (0/1) software (0/1)

I also made sure the interface was set to auto.

The only thing that happened between yesterday and today was a power outage that lasted about 10 hours.

Thanks

Reply to
Squidly
Loading thread data ...

Not sure if "no shutdown" on interface would apply to PIX

Reply to
darkmoo

I made sure that the interface is not shutdown.

Reply to
Squidly

You may wish to investigate Cisco PIX Hardware Troubleshooting:

formatting link
Additionally, we repair Cisco PIX Firewalls:

formatting link
Call Reggie Grant toll free 877-549-2680 or 828-277-7272 for a Cisco PIX repair price quote.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.