Physical connectors

Hi all,

I am new to cisco routers and currently studying for my ccna, I have router simulation software but it just isn't the same as the real thing. So I was interested in buy a couple of low end routers from ebay. My only problem is that I am unsure of the physical connectivity of an AUI port to an ethernet lan.

What exactly do I need to connect an AUI port to an rj45 port on the switch of my lan?

Thanks in advance.

Vos

Reply to
vos
Loading thread data ...

Try to look on eBay for "aui tranciever", "aui adapter", "aui ethernet", "aui 10baset", etc. You will find a bunch of them.

Good luck with your study,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

Found some, thank you for your time, your very quick response and well wishes.

Vos

Reply to
vos

Also, if your looking for good, inexpensive LAB equipment, Cisco's

1605R is and excelent choice, as it's going for about $60 on eBay these days.

J.Cottingim

Reply to
jcottingim

Great thanx for the advice, I was actually looking at the 2500 series. Do you sugest the 1605R over any of the 2500 series? Also I was curious, is there a cable that can connect 2 60-pin serial ports of the 2500 series together?? There seem to be very few 2500 series models available with 2 ethernet connections. Thanx again for you time. :)

Vos

Reply to
vos

There's at least one of reason that you would want a 2500 series router over a 1605R for a CCNA lab...

The 2500 routers can handle more interfaces. The 1605 has 2 ethernet and one WIC slot. (only)

There's really not much the 1605 can't do. - especially if your just working labs. There's no substitute for the real thing.

J.Cottingim

Reply to
jcottingim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.