ospf load sharing ASA to Router

Have 2 parallel links. When I bring up the second path, I see the adjacency form but no routes via the second path in the ASA routing table and lose connection to the router altogether. I see the both interfaces in sh ospf data router output on the ASA.

This doc claims the ASA supports multiple paths.

formatting link
"The security appliance supports up to three equal cost routes on the same interface for load balancing". Is it possible??

Interestingly, the first few times I brought the second pair of ints up, the router int for the second path kept coming up as the DR even though it has a lower router id (on the first path it always came up as BDR). After about half dozen shuts and no shuts on the second set of ints, it came up BDR as expected. I assume you only want one device DR on parallel links.

5520 running 7.2(2) ..... interface GigabitEthernet0/0.9 vlan 9 nameif vrzp2psjc security-level 10 ip address 172.21.1.33 255.255.255.248 standby 172.21.1.35 ospf priority 100 ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 ospf authentication message-digest

to a

2811 .... interface FastEthernet0/1.9 encapsulation dot1Q 9 ip address 172.21.1.34 255.255.255.248 ip nat inside ip virtual-reassembly ip ospf authentication message-digest ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 7 * ip ospf priority 100 no cdp enable
Reply to
linguafr
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.