Older ACS version on Windows Server 2003

We've been running an older version of Cisco ACS (2.6x) on windows server

2000 for several years now. It uses active directory in a windows 2003 domain as its external database to authenticate. Everything works fine; however, I'd like to upgrade the server to server 2003, then possibly get the latest version of ACS.

I loaded the old version of ACS on a test 2003 server; however, I cannot get it to work. The ACS failed attempts logs just say 'unknown' under authen-failed-code. It appears to be authenticating fine with active directory. The event logs on the domain controllers show a successful logon, as does the 2003 server. However, the 2000 server with ACS that works, shows three events: successful network logon, special privileges assigned to new logon, and user logoff. The 2003 server shows the successful logon and logoff, but not the special privileges assigned.

I suspect it has something to do with server 2003's enhanced security. I tried running CSAuth.exe, etc. as windows 2000, but it made no difference. Any ideas? Any security settings I might try, services to check, or will that version of ACS just not run on server 2003? Thanks. -Bob

Reply to
butlercellars
Loading thread data ...
2.6 on win 2003 ? even 3.2.x isnt good on 2003. You need 3.3.x for Windows 2003 (without SP1).

2.6 will not be able to authentication 2003 domain users properly giving wierd errors.

Reply to
Vivek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.