old nm-16am configuration problem

hi i have a problems with two nm-16am module in a cisco 3725

1/ it can only be dialed by a phone line witch is configured in pos as pulse line

2/ i can connect only in V.23 protocol not i V.34 or V.90 protocols

2/ when connecting with V.23 protocol it don't make a PPP negosciation

somme help please

Reply to
liesbensaid
Loading thread data ...

~ hi ~ i have a problems with two nm-16am module in a cisco 3725 ~ 1/ it can only be dialed by a phone line witch is configured in pos as ~ pulse line

Doesn't matter whether the originate modem uses pulses or DTMF when dialing into the NM-16AM. The signaling method is a private matter between the originate modem and the switch on the other end of its POTS line.

~ 2/ i can connect only in V.23 protocol not i V.34 or V.90 protocols

NM-AM AT docs:

formatting link
I will assume that your want your V.23 calls to use 1200 bps in the answer->originate direction and 75 bps in the originate->answer direction. So you might try a modemcap like this:

&fb0%m0\\n0%b1200%f2 &f - reset to factory defaults b0 - ITU not Bell for low bit rate modulations %m0 - disable V.34 and above \\n0 - normal mode (no EC) %b1200 - max DCE rate 1200 bps %f2 - V.23 transmit 1200 bps, receive 75 bps

For fancier PoS knobs, see

formatting link

~ 2/ when connecting with V.23 protocol it don't make a PPP negosciation

Right, PoS applications almost never do PPP.

You will probably use a configuration like this:

line modem dialin modem autoconfigure type XXX autocommand telnet 1.2.3.4 /stream /quiet 4444

where 1.2.3.4 is the IP address of your PoS application server and 4444 is the TCP port on which it listens.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.