No Audio after dialing (Cisco IP Communicator 1.1.4)

Hi,

Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4. Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number properly. When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i enter a phone number (say for ordering pizza). However, once i've entered all 10 digits of the number, there was no sound on the line - no indication of whether the call went through... So I tried calling a friend. Again, i get a dial tone when i dial and beeps as i entered his number. But once i'm done entering, i hear no further sounds. The call went through, he picked up the phone on his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.

Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks

Linda

Reply to
Family of four
Loading thread data ...

This is usually caused when there is a Routing problem between your computer and the Call Manager.

JC

Reply to
jcounter

The call setup is handled by your Call manager - that seems to be OK. Then the voice data is sent between your phone and the voice gateway.

Check that your phone can communicate with the voice gateway.

Is is possible for the Call Manager and the voice gateway to be the same device in which case it is likely to be an access-list of firewall issue as opposed to a routing one.

Reply to
Bod43

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.