NM-1FE-FX-V2 data sheet wanted

Hi,

I'm searching for information on the network module NM-1FE-FX-V2.

For some reason, my supplier seems to have problems to come up with anything that's more detailed than basic stuff like this:

formatting link
It's predecessor, NM-1FE-FX is described here:
formatting link
wonder if this applies to -V2 also?

Can anyone supply me with a data sheet? Does it even exist? Am i completely off the track? Any hint is welcome.

Regards, Raphael

Reply to
Raphael Barabas
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
End of Life Announcement for the Network Module NM-1FE-FX for the Cisco 3600 Series Routers [...]

There are no differences in functionality or pricing between the EoL NM and the new NM-1FE-FX-V2.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Yeah, Cisco isn't too steller detailing all their parts, especially when they seem to be older ones.

Probably. It looks like much of the older NM cards, the parts to make them are no longer available, so they have to make new versions, that sometimes snuck in under the radar.

Since all the online parts places only like the NM-1FE-FX-V2 and no mention of the NM-1FE-FX, I assume the later part is EOS'd, and the replacement V2 part is what you can get.

The datasheet or the card exist? I'd guess the datasheet doesn't. The card seems to. sparco.com lists plenty available for purchase.

I'd expect it only to function in a 3600 or 3700 with the approriate new enough rev of IOS on it.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

NM-1FE-FX-V2, 1-Port Fast Ethernet Network Module, FX Only

Compatibility Supported Platforms:

3845 3825 3745 3725 3660 series 3640 3620 2691

Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x SC 100Base-FX Product Type Network Module Interfaces/Ports 1 x 100Base-FX Certifications & Standards IEEE 802.3u

Connectivity Media Multimode Fiber Data Transfer Rate 100Mbps Fast Ethernet Form Factor Plug-in Module Number of Ports/Channels 1 Available Port Type 100Base-FX Additional Information LAN-to-LAN Routing Uplink to Fast Ethernet backbones on Catalyst series switches and other Cisco routers

System Requirement Supported Platforms & Minimum IOS Versions:

3845 - 12.3(11)T 3825 - 12.3(11)T 3745 - 12.2(13)T 3725 - 12.2(13)T 3660 series - 12.2(13)T 3640 - 12.2(13)T 3620 - 12.2(13)T 2691 - 12.2(13)T

Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Brad, Walter, Doug,

Thank you for your thorough answers, they are precisely what i was looking for.

Cheers, Raphael

Reply to
Raphael Barabas

Hope this helps...

formatting link

Reply to
Timo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.