Networking setup question

Hello all,

I would like to setup a serial connection between my cisco 2611 and

2612 routers.

Can someone please tell me what serial network interface module and serial cable I would need to purchase to make this possible?

Thank you all for your help, time, and reading.

Reply to
Sian
Loading thread data ...

I assume you want to do some synch serial connection between the two rather than an asynch type (ie. RS-232).

Getting two WIC-1T's and a DCE-DTE cable would be just fine.

You could also do two T1 cards (WIC-1DSU-T1) and a cross-over T1 cable (or make it) to do the same thing.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thank you Doug for providing the model numbers.

May I please get all your two cents on another related question?

Ultimately, my goal is to setup a scalable, flexible Cisco network utilizing the Cisco 2611, 2612, and Cataylst 2950 to prepare for my CCNP.

Actually, the main reason for wanting to purchase the WIC-T1 is because I have the Catalyst 2950 (layer 2) and 2612 (only one ethernet port) so if I understand it, with that setup would have problems configuring routing (eg. RIP, OSPF) between different PC's on opposite ends.

Therefore, I figured adding a serial connection on each router is the least expensive way to set it up so that I may setup such an environment.

Please advise.

Thank you much for your time.

Reply to
Sian

Thank you Doug for providing the model numbers.

May I please get all your two cents on another related question?

Ultimately, my goal is to setup a scalable, flexible Cisco network utilizing the Cisco 2611, 2612, and Cataylst 2950 to prepare for my CCNP.

Actually, the main reason for wanting to purchase the WIC-T1 is because I have the Catalyst 2950 (layer 2) and 2612 (only one ethernet port) so if I understand it, with that setup would have problems configuring routing (eg. RIP, OSPF) between different PC's on opposite ends.

Therefore, I figured adding a serial connection on each router is the least expensive way to set it up so that I may setup such an environment.

Please advise.

Thank you much for your time.

Reply to
Sian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.