NAT'd NLB Web Cluster

I would like to migrate my current web farm behind a couple of PIX firewalls. However i can't find a way so that a NAT can translate to more than one IP. The Loadbalancing IP or Virtual IP and the rest of the Front End IPs on all the servers. Do you think a PAT would work for this? If someone has done this before and knows of a solution, throw me a bone, i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers, Carlos Krefft

Reply to
Carlos
Loading thread data ...

I would like to migrate my current web farm behind a couple of PIX firewalls. However i can't find a way so that a NAT can translate to more than one IP. The Loadbalancing IP or Virtual IP and the rest of the Front End IPs on all the servers. Do you think a PAT would work for

this? If someone has done this before and knows of a solution, throw me

a bone, i would greatly appreciate it.

====

I'm still not 100% sure of what you are trying to do from reading your description. If you have multiple inside servers and several need to serve a function for inbound traffic, AND you only have one outside IP to use, then you can do static PAT statements.

I have found this page very helpful when setting up unique NAT and PAT situations:

formatting link
You need a CCO account to get to it.

-kevin

Reply to
Kevin Widner

I apologize for the way i asked the question but yes, you got me 100%! I have multiple web servers that need to respond to inbound traffic and i only have ONE IP to use. Awesome, thanks for the TIP Kevin! I'm going to look into using the static PAT statements. Thanks for the URL.

- Carlos K.

Reply to
Carlos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.