Multiplexing algorithms implemented in the CISCO ATM switches

I am now studying the cell multiplexing algorithms in ATM.

The most relevant paper I have managed to find regarding the subject is: Zvi Rosberg, =93Cell multiplexing in ATM networks,=94 IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking, vol. 4, pp. 112-122, Feb. 1996. But I would like to find out the situation today. What are the multiplexing algorithms implemented in the CISCO ATM switches we have today? Is there any development work in this area?

Unfortunately I have not found this information in the datasheets. Probably it is stated indirectly or else. I have found mentions regarding IMA, but this is quite opposite with that what I am looking for.

Probably you may give me some links, algorithm names, HW descriptions, to look into.

Reply to
Aleksey.M.Panov
Loading thread data ...

that might be because there do not seem to be any Cisco ATM switches actually in production

Lightstream, Catalyst 85xx, IGXes all went end of life a while back.

you should still be able to find the info on the cisco web site though

- but whether public docs ever went to that level of detail is a different Q

ATMforum used to do a lot of development work - you can find their docs at their new home:

formatting link
IBM made some pretty good ATM gear until they decided to give up on building network plumbing - a lot of it is covered in the IBM Redbooks
formatting link
public ATM switches (ie telco gear rather than enterprise) tends to use different design constraints - try the various manufacturers

The ones i recall include cisco, newbridge (now part of Alcatel), and Fore (part of Marconi, who just got swept up into Ericsson).

Reply to
Stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.