Multiple VPN clients behind home router

I've got 2 Windows PCs with the Cisco VPN Client behind a home/Linksys router. They can both individually establish VPN connections back to my ASA and everything works great. But if they both try to connect via VPN at the same time the second one effectively disconnects the first. I don't think it's an issue with the ASA config. Is there a particular brand/model of small business/Home router that will allow multiple VPN connections to the same location? I'd rather not put in an ASA at the user's home. Thanks in advance

Reply to
RC
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried the "IPSec over TCP" setting?

Reply to
Rod Dorman

Small Draytek routers and modem/routers can setup IPsec VPN by themselves. You can connect them directly to a Cisco. You can specify a subnet and it will route all traffic from/to the subnet. No software needed on the systems. You may need a config change on the Cisco.

Reply to
Rob

This won't work without modifying the ASA config, or at least it doesn't work if all I do is change the client, and I'm hoping to find a solution that doesn't require a change to the ASA.

Reply to
RC

We only do site-to-site VPN when the other site is an actual office, not a home worker. I already have to remind them that the laptop is not to be used by their kids/family imagine if I had open switch ports just begging to be used.

Reply to
RC

Actually on a Draytek you can configure the switch ports into different VLANs and specify which ones can use the VPN tunnel and which ones have only internet access. So the kids can plug in their PC on the same router but not have access to the company LAN.

Of course it can be sabotaged.

Reply to
Rob

Anyone else have suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Reply to
RC

In message , RC writes

Just tried my Draytek Vigor 2820n. It accepted two active Cisco VPN client connections from here to the same Cisco box at the office. An extremely quick scan of the user manual indicates that two connections is the limit. There are other routers that do it - we got round a similar problem with a remote office of 3 or 4 PCs six or seven years ago - sorry, can't remember the brand we ended up using then, but it would have been mainstream and cheap.

Reply to
Nick

ve this problem?

Yes, there is a command in the ASA VPN policy to allow more than 2 active connections. 2 is the default but you can change it to more. The command is:

group-policy GROUPNAME attributes vpn-simultaneous-logins X

Reply to
Jason

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.