Multiple T1 transmissions on Cat5E

My question is regarding the transmission of multiple T1 signals on Category-5E cables bundled together. The reason I have this question is one of my data center customers decided to extend (48) T1 lines from the Telco room to IVR equipment over (48) Cat5E cables. Then terminate on standard 48-port RJ-45 patch panel. The intent is to run each T1 on an individual Cat5E cable (ie. Tx & Rx within each cable). My cusomter claims that there would be no intereference between all these T1 lines running together in the cable tray. The distance is over 100 feet.

Normally, the way I design T1 cable runs is to either use 56-pair ABAM and terminate on a DSX panel; or substitute the ABAM with Category-3 and terminate each Cat-3 bundle one for Tx and one for Rx.

I was taught by an SBC engineer once that running more than 6-7 T1s in individual Category-5E/6 cables next to each other will cause interference or cross-talk. Is this true from your knowledge and experience??

Reply to
Tech Geek
Loading thread data ...

In article , Tech Geek wrote: :My question is regarding the transmission of multiple T1 signals on :Category-5E cables bundled together. The reason I have this question is :one of my data center customers decided to extend (48) T1 lines from :the Telco room to IVR equipment over (48) Cat5E cables.

comp.dcom.lans.ethernet people -might- have an answer. It's a little outside the normal question range there, but some of the people there seem to know a fair bit about wiring issues such as crosstalk effects.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.