Multicast Question - urgent

Hello,

We have a VCON video conferance system that works on interactive multicast.

I need a way of forwarding the SAME multicast IP address in both directions between 2 ethernet ports on a single router. Detail: The VCON multicasting server is connected to say FE0/0 and is forwarding multicast ip 239.232.1.20 (example). The client receiving the multicast is sitting on FE0/1. The client vcon camera is receiving the multicast but also forwards back "control messages" on the same multicast IP address to the VCON server which is connected off FE0/0.

I have confgured pim dense mode on both FE interfaces with te ip igmp join-group command for 239.232.1.20 on both interfaces. I can see the multicast is received by the client on FE0/1 but my problem is that the control messages on the same multicast address are not being forwarded to the FE0/0 interface. In fact show ip mroute does not list the vcon client camera as sending multicast.

If I connect a separate pc on FE0/1 interface to generate the mutlicast (after stopping the VCON server mcast ) I do see the multicast packets make it to FE0/0 lan.

I need a way where multicast is forwarded both ways at the same time.

Thank you ,

-Kartik

Reply to
kartik
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps you need "ip igmp static-group" , not "join-group"?

Reply to
Victor Sudakov

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.