Modem/ISDN dialin and TCP/IP forward, please help

Dear all,

I have to configure a Cisco 3620 router to accept any calls which are coming in via a PRI interface. The data shall then be sent via TCP/IP to any host.

One TCP/IP connection per call is required. The TCP/IP connection shall be closed if the line goes down and vice-versa. Depending on the incoming MSN (or dialled number) a different TCP/IP host and port shall be used. The ISDN dial in uses X.31 case A (X.25 over ISDN B-Channel) and modem uses V.22 bis MNP.

The router has following cards installed:

NM-1FEPRI2CE1-B/U NM-30DM

I need some hints in order to find the right documentation. I don't know the name of this "TCP/IP forward" or the specific IOS features required. ANY help greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bernhard Roth

Reply to
br
Loading thread data ...

Here's how you do what you're asking for, as far as the modem calls:

aaa new-model aaa authentication login default local aaa authorization exec default local

username 4321 nopassword dnis username 4321 autocommand telnet 1.2.3.4 5555 /stream /quiet username 1234 nopassword dnis username 1234 autocommand telnet 1.2.3.5 4444 /stream /quiet

Debugs to use:

debug isdn q931 debug modem debug aaa authorization debug aaa authentication debug ip tcp transaction

Use IOS 12.3(12.3) or above, due to CSCdw65197, CSCdz75649 and CSCef50626.

Now, as far as this X.31 Case A stuff ... that doesn't ring a bell with me. If you want to have incoming ISDN data calls getting mapped to outbound character mode TCP sessions, on this platform, you'll have to use the following protocols:

V.110 V.120 "X.75" aka "LAPB-TA"

V.110 calls will appear on the TTY lines just like voiceband modem calls. The V.120/X.75 calls will appear on VTYs.

Cheers,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.