memory upgrade question

i got a cisco asa 5505 firewall/vpn. it came with a 256mb memory. i like to upgrade it to 512mb. after opening the box and looking at the current memory stick, it seems like another dimm type memory. can i use a 512mb dimm stick that i have on my PC into it or does it need to be a certified cisco brand?

thanks

Reply to
AzSeda
Loading thread data ...

DIMM only identifies the type of slot, not the memory's specifications (timing, configuration, speed, etc.) If you want to upgrade, you need to purchase a memory stick that will work in an ASA 5505.

Reply to
Thrill5

I am in the same boat since I have 8.2.2 on my box and can't go higher due to memory requirements. I will probably shell out for a Cisco branded memory, since I want to put the ASA under software support, but doing a search for ASA memory upgrade UK gave me more DIY results than people actually selling the memory!

Talking about upgrading the CF card in the unit, also mentions memory upgrades on there:

formatting link
Someone who did this very recently for the same reason:

formatting link
If anyone knows anywhere in the UK who actually has this in stock let me know...

Thanks. Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.