Make traffic for test the link

Hi All,

I have some input and CRC Errors in my serial interface (Controller E1). I have a lot of errors when i have a lot of traffic in my serial (channelized E1) interface. And i have verry little errors when traffic is normal.

I think that the erros are in relation with my cable... Well.

I changed the cable and i need to generate a traffic to see if i have errors.

I do ping/ip... and i send 200 or 1000 packets (size 1500 bytes)... i don't have errors but i need to tress the link with traffic more fast than ping (icmp).

So, how can i generate traffic (stress) on the link from my router to the router of other side ?

How can i stress the link from the local router to remote router ?

Thank You very much for help

Best Regards Rahan

Reply to
rahan
Loading thread data ...

Racoon Speed Test is an easy to run Windows client-server app that generates raw tcp streams on whatever port you like. You can run up multiple instances of it on the same end-points to verify QOS policies or just flood a link etc.

formatting link
BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

"BernieM" a écrit dans le message de news:Px1tg.3365$ snipped-for-privacy@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

Thank You BernieM. But this product turn for Windows. I need something directly from my router. Directly from CLI interface of my router. So, the ping/ip command seem to be the only command for make stress on the link.

I will try SpeedTest for the futures needs.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards Rahan

Reply to
Rahan

Rahan,

If you can get the other side to cooperate with you and if this is a plain point to point link, do this:

1. Raise the mtu on your serial interface to 4500 or so.

1. Have the other end do the same.

2. Start two concurrent ping sessions (on separate vty sessions on your router) with 4000 - 4500 payloads for 10000 rounds or so.

note - It is important to run more than one ping because the normal function of icmp echo request and replies insert deltas in between the packets proportional to the size you use and the latency of the link. On a single ping process, you will always plateau before loading your link. Have another unrelated icmp echo request and reply process offsets this. Obviously the more you have the more it is staggered but generally my prescription here will suffice. Also if you are on frame relay or doing a multilink, you are stuck with a 1500 mtu and will have to run 6 to 10 sessions to load the link.

1. Change the load-interval on you serial interface to 30 sec.

This will load your link sufficiently.

-mike

Reply to
delgrundy

Thanks a lot Mike !!

Best Regards Rahan

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Rahan

You can also try "ttcp" which will saturate the link more than simple pings....

Reply to
John Agosta

checout Slarwinds WAN killer app

formatting link

Reply to
Merv

Piece of cake. Use ping, but exploit it.

Enable mode - extended ping and set the timeout to 0, count to 1000 or so for a shortish burst.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Yeeeess !!! simple and good idea !!!

By fixing the timeout to 0, i lost all ping sended to remote router but i generate a lot of traffic in the line and it's exactly what i need. Now, i can configure

i don't have access to the remote router, so, this idea seem to be the best.

ThankYou very much

Best Regards Rahan

"Paul Matthews" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Rahan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.