Looking for a solution where VPN Client access can use site to site VPN (can the ASA 5510 help?)

I'm starting to work on getting new Location to add to my network.

As it is this new location (location A) has redundant power so we will be moving most of our servers to this location unfortunately not all servers get to move.

So what I am looking for is a Solution where people can VPN into "Location A" via the Cisco Anyconnect client (needed for the increasing

64 bit systems showing up out there) and be able to use this VPN connection to contact "Location B" via the site to site connection set up between A and B.

Does anyone out there do this now and know which equipment would best be used for this?

Thanks in advance.

John.

Reply to
John Smyth
Loading thread data ...

It's possible with Cisco ASA/PIX on your "location A" ...I've implemented it in a lot of places btw. It's realtivle simple design: create site-2-site between locations "A" and "B". Then on site "A" ASA configure remote access vpn and use "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" global config command to let traffic that enters one interface to exit again trough that interface. Of course don't forget to put all what is necessary in your crypto acls;) Btw. if you don't want to use anyconnect client (and ssl vpn in general) then I can recommend Shrew soft IPSec VPN Client. It's free and works ok on

64-bit Windows. You can download it from here
formatting link
and it's compatibile with Cisco VPN Client pcf profiles.

Regards, Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuziæ aka Pseto

It's possible with Cisco ASA/PIX on your "location A" ...I've implemented it in a lot of places btw. It's realtivle simple design: create site-2-site between locations "A" and "B". Then on site "A" ASA configure remote access vpn and use "same-security-traffic permit intra-interface" global config command to let traffic that enters one interface to exit again trough that interface. Of course don't forget to put all what is necessary in your crypto acls;) Btw. if you don't want to use anyconnect client (and ssl vpn in general) then I can recommend Shrew soft IPSec VPN Client. It's free and works ok on

64-bit Windows. You can download it from here
formatting link
and it's compatibile with Cisco VPN Client pcf profiles.

Regards, Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuziæ aka Pseto

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.