Little help with frame relay upgrade

We are currently upgrading our wan links from 64k frame relay connections to full T1 frame relay connections. Currently each branch site has a Cisco 2610 router with an external 64k CSU/DSU connected. We will be swapping those out for Cisco internal WIC-1DSU-T1 cards (v1).

The current config is:

interface Ethernet0/0 ip address 10.x.x.1 255.0.0.0 ! interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay no ip mroute-cache no fair-queue frame-relay traffic-shaping frame-relay lmi-type ansi ! interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point description FR connection to office ip address 10.1xx.x.2 255.0.0.0 frame-relay class cisco frame-relay interface-dlci 100 ... ... ... map-class frame-relay cisco frame-relay adaptive shaping foresight frame-relay cir 64000 frame-relay bc 8000 frame-relay mincir 32000

------------------------------------

My plan was to remove the map-class, keep the subinterface as-is minus the class reference, and change the Serial0/0 to:

interface Serial0/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay service module t1 clock source internal service module t1 timeslots 1-24 speed 64 service module t1 framing esf service module t1 linecode b8zs fair-que no shut

... my question is does this seem correct or am I missing/overlooking anything? Any help or comments are appreciated.

- Dominic

Reply to
dominictiberio
Loading thread data ...

Anyone?

Reply to
dominictiberio

Just because you are upgrading to T1 is no reason to delete the frame-relay map class. Update with the appropriate values for the new T1 circuits.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

! interface Serial0/0 no frame-relay traffic-shaping service module t1 clock source line !

If frame-relay traffic-shaping is configured any subinterface without a map-class is shaped to the default cir which is 56kbps. Not what you want.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Thanks for the replies... I ended up leaving the map class and updating the values. After reviewing the Cisco Docs I found that many of the service-module t1 values were defaulted to the correct ones. So it was much easier than I had thought. I also saw that 56k default in one of the docs so I made sure to specify.

Thanks all,

- Dominic

Reply to
dominictiberio

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.