keep getting a time out

I was wondering if anyone has run into a timeout problem when using the copy tftp flash command? This is the error I keep getting: ---- ******** ---- Proceed? [confirm]y

System flash directory: File Length Name/status 1 4241616 c2500-i-l.112-10a [4241680 bytes used, 12535536 available, 16777216 total] Address or name of remote host [192.168.0.2]? Source file name? c2500-is-i.123-19.bin Destination file name [c2500-is-i.123-19.bin]? Accessing file 'c2500-is-i.123-19.bin' on 192.168.0.2... Loading c2500-is-i.123-19.bin ... [timed out] [failed]

Does anyone have a solution to this ios upgrade problem?

Reply to
lhazen
Loading thread data ...

Does your tftp software log? If so do you see the connection being established? Is there a firewall on the PC you are running the tftp from? Can you ping the remote host?

Reply to
Smokey

I am using a shareware version of TFTP from solarwinds.net. I disabled the firewall on this pc and have the router setup on the lan. I am booting up the 2500 from a bootstrap version of the IOS since I foolishly erased the config file. I keep getting this error:

%SYS-4-CONFIG_NEWER: Configurations from version 11.2 may not be correctly under stood. %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Ethernet0, changed state to up %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Ethernet1, changed state to up %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial0, changed state to down %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Serial1, changed state to down %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Ethernet1, changed state to administratively down %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial0, changed state to administratively down %LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial1, changed state to administratively down %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted -- Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) 3000 Bootstrap Software (IGS-BOOT-R), Version 11.0(10c), RELEASE SOFTWA RE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-1996 by cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Fri 27-Dec-96 17:33 by loreilly Loading network-confg ... [timed out]

Loading cisconet.cfg ... [timed out]

Loading router-confg ... [timed out]

Loading router.cfg ... [timed out]

I plan on resetting the interface on the router and see if I can get the router to ping the tftp server. Since I have it on the lan with DHCP it should see it. I just need to get that new IOS loaded so I can move forward with the router...

Reply to
lhazen via HWKB.com

I am able to ping. I have loaded a new flash but I am still stuck in this mode router(boot)>. How do I get the flash to nvram and get back to a regular router bootup?

Smokey wrote:

Reply to
lhazen via HWKB.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.