ISDN Problem - Outgoing Call id 0x8013 blocked

Hello,

unfourtanetly a CISCO 876 (IOS release 12.4(9)T) is not able to make outgoing ISDN Calls (isdn switch-type basic-net3) with an Euro ISDN Plug. Alsways messages like " Outgoing Call id 0x8013 blocked" Any idea ?

Reply to
Georg Dingler
Loading thread data ...

Georg Dingler wrote in news:edjiek$p8p$02$1 @news.t-online.com:

I think, you need the "advanced enterprise"-firmware to establish outgooing calls!

Regards, Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Schneider

Hello Carsten,

the same constellation does work with an older 800er Model without any problems. The 876er has an Advanced IP IOS Image. I think it's an ISDN protocoll issue. Any idea ?

Carsten Schneider schrieb:

Reply to
Georg Dingler

Georg Dingler wrote in news:edjtqs$pbm$03$1 @news.t-online.com:

Cisco changed the image-structure with the 87x serie... I had the same problem with a Cisco 876: then I changed to an advanced-enterprise image and "voila": it works!

Gruß, Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Schneider

Thank you for the information ! But I think then it's a bug that it doesn't work with the Advaned image.

Reply to
Georg Dingler

Good luck getting Cisco to agree with you.

Check out

formatting link
Compare:

-------------------- Table 3. Cisco IOS Software Features on Cisco 870 Series Routers-Advanced Security Feature Set (Default)

High-Availability Features · ISDN S/T port for out-of-band management (Cisco 876 and 878 only)

--------------------

Table 6. Cisco IOS Software Features on Cisco 870 Series Routers-Advanced Enterprise Services Feature Set (Optional Software Upgrade on Cisco 876 Only)

High-Availability Features

Integrated dial backup for ADSL using ISDN S/T port

--------------------

This seems to say you need Advanced Enterprise Services Feature Set if you want to dial out on the ISDN line.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Did you configure the Backup Connection via SDM ? Did it work without changes ?

Reply to
Georg Dingler

Georg Dingler wrote in news:eec5et$dkm$01$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com:

I wrote my own IOS configuration without the wizard (I don't like it...).

regards, Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Schneider

Hello Carsten,

I work dual with command line and the Wizard. Unfortunately the wizard does not all the work for some tasks - E.g. for the DDNS Config I had to add some commands with the console. With the advanced image (configured by Wizard) the ISDN Backup works. But unfortunately only for the router itself (ping oder telnet Internet hosts via console is successful). The clients cannot connect to the Internet etc. I think the Wizard forgot something (routing, nat, etc. commands). Can you post your manual config ? Then I will compare it with the one of the wizard and look for missing commands.

Reply to
Georg Dingler

Georg Dingler wrote in news:eee2u8$8e0$03$ snipped-for-privacy@news.t-online.com:

I used ISDN backup only with my 836. On my 876 I use ISDN for dialin / remote acess...

Gruß, Carsten

Reply to
Carsten Schneider

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.