Intermittent Connectivity In The Islands (Like the TV Show LOST)

We're experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We put in a Linksys firewall in our network and everyone seemed all okay except one subnet cannot get to the Internet. From that remote site's Cisco 2621 router it's only getting 2/5 ping replies to our "Internet" Cisco router (to the inside-interface). We've already changed the cables. That subnet's router and all the clients are able to ping the Linksys firewall's address, which I'm confused because they are sitting on the same switch and the same subnet.

(Remote Lan)-> LAN->Firewall x.x.x.61 ->Internet Router x.x.x.57->Internet

From the corporate LAN, I can ping everywhere and the clients can

resolve FQDN, etc. From the remote lan, I can always ping x.x.x.61, but not the .57. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Mahalo,

Sarah snipped-for-privacy@thebus.org

p.s. just wanted to put something cute in the subject. i've been on the phone w/ Cisco tech support.

Reply to
stajima
Loading thread data ...

Hi Sarah,

You may wish to investigate Hardware Troubleshooting for the Cisco 2600 Series Router:

formatting link
as well as Linksys Forums:

formatting link
and

Other Linksys Forums:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

If you're consistently getting 2 out of five plus maybe 3/5 if repeated but not 0/5,1/5,4/5 or 5/5 you may have a routing problem, a router thinking there are 2 paths but one of these two is a black hole.

Luck, and if you're already talking to TAC they should sort it out fairly quickly.

(dirty trick in some older IOS releases for 2600 : disable CEF and try again)

Reply to
brink

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.