Interface status monitoring

Is there any option on a cisco switch to have an interface replicate the status of another interface?

Ie. if port fa0/20 goes into status up/down I would like fa0/10 to go to up/down (or admin down - doesn't matter).

Is it possible?

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam
Loading thread data ...

I assume you want the interfaces to have the same status, i.e. both up or both down.

You can now do this with the event manager. This is not on all IOS feature sets.

You could creat an event on the log message about the first interface and then issue commands to change the second one.

Here is an example that logs all commands issued to the log.

event manager applet CLIaccounting event cli pattern ".*" sync no skip no action 1.0 syslog priority informational msg "$_cli_msg" set 2.0 _exit_status 1

Perhaps you can create events that are triggered directly by interface status.

If you alternatively want the second one to come up when the first goes down consider "backup interface". May or may not work on Ethernet.

Reply to
bod43

Or use "Link state tracking".

See e.g.

formatting link
Availiability may also be limited to certain models.

Ciao Chris

--=20 All diese Momente werden verloren sein in der Zeit, so wie Tr=E4nen im Re= gen Dipl-Ing (FH) Christian 'Dr. Disk' Hechelmann IRC: DrDisk GPG Fingerprint: 53BF634B 28326F92 79651A15 F84ABB55 4F068E4E Ich finde, scharfe Waffen und "Feuer nach eigenem Ermessen" sollte zum Adminjob dazugeh=F6ren. [Lars Marowsky-Bree in d.a.s.r]

Reply to
drdisk

Or use "Link state tracking".

See e.g.

formatting link
Availiability may also be limited to certain models.

Ciao Chris

--=20 All diese Momente werden verloren sein in der Zeit, so wie Tr=E4nen im Re= gen Dipl-Ing (FH) Christian 'Dr. Disk' Hechelmann IRC: DrDisk GPG Fingerprint: 53BF634B 28326F92 79651A15 F84ABB55 4F068E4E Ich finde, scharfe Waffen und "Feuer nach eigenem Ermessen" sollte zum Adminjob dazugeh=F6ren. [Lars Marowsky-Bree in d.a.s.r]

Reply to
drdisk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.