Interface restart after receiving igmp pocket

Hi All.

I have a problem with my Cisco 3550. One of the interfaces restarts after receiving igmp pocket. I have an access-list on this interface and it logs this messages:

%SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed state to down %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to down Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed state to down %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/5, changed state to up %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Vlan5, changed state to up

Anyone could help me with this problem? Has anyone face this problem before and just know what is the reason, and of course how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

-- ksiaze

Reply to
ksiaze
Loading thread data ...

Not "pocket" but packet ;-) Sorry for my mistake.

-- ksiaze

Reply to
ksiaze

post output of "show version"

Reply to
Merv

Router#show version Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I5Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(12c)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) Copyright (c) 1986-2002 by cisco Systems, Inc.

-- ksiaze

Reply to
ksiaze

Many IGMP bugs in 12.1

Suggest you upgrade to 12.1(22)EA7 and see if problem persists

Reply to
Merv

But I have more C3550 switches running in my network and none of them has such a problem. All other switches runs the same IOS software. So, why only this one switch is causing the problem?

-- ksiaze

Reply to
ksiaze

Are the other switches displaying " %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 151 denied igmp 0.0.0.0 -> 224.0.0.2, 1 packet " message ?

Reply to
Merv

One of the other switches is displaying this information "%SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGRP: list 131 denied igmp 169.191.196.190 ->

224.0.0.2, 1 packet". But this switch works fine.

-- ksiaze

Reply to
ksiaze

So what is unique about the first switch is that the source address of the IGMP packet is 0.0.0.0 which is an invalid source address. IPv4 source address of 0.0.0.0 should only be used if the destiantion address is 255.255.255.255

Do you know the device that is sourcing these packets - capture these packets and examine the source MAC address?

Reply to
Merv

Do you have IGMP snooping enabled ?

If so please post switch config

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.