Intercepting TCP connections and manage firewall remotely

Hello, I am looking on the Internet and manuals, but maybe you can address me quickly on the right feature. I was wondering if it is possible to configure a router Cisco so that it intercepts the events of TCP connection establishment between two hosts (SYN/ACK/SYN-ACK sequence) and notifies a remote server passing to it the information of the IP header (via HTTP, SNMP trap,or others) of the connection. Also, is it possible to programmatically add/remove firewall rules on the fly ? All that I want is to be notified when a connections is established and eventually block it on some cases. Thanks for your help, LB

Reply to
lb74
Loading thread data ...

LB - You may be able to accomplish the first problem by using TCP Intercept. It will somewhat manage the TCP connections from IOS...but I'm not sure about the notifications. You might want to check to see if you can pull the data through logging or SNMP.

neteng

formatting link

Reply to
pcmccollum

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.