I don't even know where to start

I am coming to the conclusion that I am truly confused.

Since I don't know how to even begin configuring what I want to do, let me explain the result I want and see if it is even possible.

I have a Cisco 3640 that is connected to two different ISP supplied routers connected to 2 different ISPs, on two different networks one is 24.0.0.0/30 and the other is 66.0.0.0/30, both ISP supplied routers are capable of NAT on their own. Currently my 3640 is doing all of the NAT. This was no problem before I upgraded from 3Mb to 7Mb pipes.

It is my understanding that NAT is completely process switched (please correct me if I am wrong). My 3640 cannot handle process switching even one of the two 7Mb pipes that I now have.

Both ISP supplied routers have one public static IP address on the WAN side and 5 private static IP addresses for the built in switch on the LAN side, one 192.168.1.0/29 and the other 192.168.0.0/29. I can get as many public or private IP addresses as I ask for, for the LAN side from both ISPs if I need them.

I only have 16 machines connected to the 16 port switch network module in the 3640. My internal LAN network 192.168.144.96/27 VLAN 1 ip address 192.168.144.126

I want to unload all of the NAT from the 3640 and let the ISP supplied routers take care of it.

I am not looking for someone to configure this for me, just a nudge in the right direction. Possibly a link to the appropriate command set or a configuration example.

I have probably included information you don't need and not included information you do. Anything you need to know I will do my best to post.

I understand that everyone's time is valuable and I appreciate very much the opportunity to present my problem for your review.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Handley
Loading thread data ...

It appears that you may be wrong. I very vaguely recall that NAT was process switched in the dim and distant past however it is now Fast switched /except/ for DNS and quite possibly other traffic that needs additional procesing.

formatting link

Reply to
anybody43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.