HSRP on Catalyst

I need to enable HSRP across two core 6513. We need this for two voice gateways so there will be 2 HSRP groups. Most of the cisco documentation I have come across is for MFSC redunancy. Is it better to enable HSRP via VLAN interfaces and add the switch port to the VLAN's or to use the interfaces directly?

Reply to
miskaone
Loading thread data ...

Are using using native or hybrid mode ?

Are the targe router interfaces already in use ? if so post the interface configs

Reply to
Merv

Do a search for HSRP in this forum, we hashed this out about a week ago

Reply to
the_jonesboys_posse

I would also use GLBP instead of HSRP also

Reply to
the_jonesboys_posse

Why GLBP instead of HSRP? The voice gateways are using voip (MGCP and RTP) so this will be a factor in the design. I did not see the HSRP thread specifically. Do you happen to know the results?

Reply to
miskaone

formatting link

I would use GLBP because you dont have one router sitting there doing nothing like in HSRP. I load balance across two Avaya 8700's and with GLBP you can chose to load balance using round robin or host dependent which is what I use.

Reply to
the_jonesboys_posse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.