How to setup FXO/FXS on two router? Need help please :)

Hi,

I have a following screnario to accomplish

Router A with 4-FXO Interfaces Router B with 4-FXS Interfaces

Both connected by leased line 128K Router A 192.168.1.1/24, WAN 10.0.10.1 Router B 192.168.2.1/24, WAN 10.0.10.2 What I need to configure is to call number 300 and 301 from Router A to Router B.

Extension 300 will be given from the PABX guy to line 1 Extension 301 will be given from the same gine to line 2

So, I plug in line 1 into Router A's FXO voice port 0/0/0 and line two into Router A's FXO voice port 0/0/1 on Router A.

Then, I'll plug a normal phone into Router B's FXS voice port 0/0/0 and a fax machine into Router B's FXS voice port 0/0/1

Extention 300 will be use for send and receiving fax. What do I have to do in term of configuration? I try to read many config guideline from Ciso but still have no clear understanding of how to really config it.

What we want is to call extention 300 to get to a phone at Router B site and fax from Router A side to extension 301 on Router B side or fax back to a regular extension on PABX.

here is the sample of admin site's config that I did. (Router A side)

! voice-port 0/0/0 signal ground start cptone US ! dial-peer voice 1 pots destination pattern ... port 0/0/0 ! dial-peer voice 5 voip destination pattern ... session target ipv4:10.0.10.2 ip qos dscp cs5 media !

here is the sample remote site's config (Router B side)

! voice-port 0/0/0 cptone US dial-peer voice 1 pots destination pattern 300 port 0/0/0 ! ! dial-peer voice 8 voip destination pattern .. session target ipv4:10.0.10.1 ip qos dscp cs5 media !

I don't have a config for 301, yet; because I don't know if the fax number need to be configured differently. Please help.

Newbie,

Reply to
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.