How to operate 2 connection to one router ??

Hi ever one

I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only one to internet . how i can operate the second

Best Saiim

Reply to
Sahm
Loading thread data ...

| Hi ever one | | I have 2 connection from router 2811 to isp but i cant operate only | one to internet . | how i can operate the second

What exactly do you want to do with the second connection? You can configure it as a standby internet link using the IP SLA feature. When the first internet link would go down the router would automaticaly switch to the second.

formatting link

Reply to
Morph

There are many combinations for your question :

1. your router to one ISP
  2. your router to two individual ISPs

Which option ?

Further to your questions:

1. do you have own IP subnets ( not loaned from local ISP ) ?
  2. do you have own BGP ASN number ?

If "no" to the above questions, you may have the following questions:

1. two network links for incoming traffic only ?
  2. two network links for outgoing traffic only ? ( WAN load-balancer is OK )
  3. two network links for both incoming and outgoing traffic ? ( further discussion )
Reply to
bensonlei

HI Thank you for your reply What I have are 2 connection. the first is leased line with internet access and public IP. the second connection is ADSL, and both line connect to one router cisco 2811. my Q? are

1- How can I configure the 2 connection to work as load balance. 2- How can I configure the router to manage the traffic to use one of the connection depending on protocols to or ports ?

Best

Salim

Reply to
Sahm

Hi, you seem want to surf the internet only ( but no incoming traffic

-- no internet service to outsider ) ?

many solutions:

1. floating static routing
  2. dynamic routings
  3. even route map

Cheers

Reply to
bensonlei

Hi

No, I use the leased line for VPN connection to an other side and e- mail service like (Exchange OWA), and the ADSL for internet only.

Best Salim

Reply to
Sahm

So you want the leased to sevice two purposes ( VPN and Exchange ) & and ADSL line for internet surfing ?

Not so difficult for this solution:

1. VPN is one internet IP mapping + Exchange
  2. default route to ADSL line ( web surfing ) ( all IP routing excluding the item 1 services )

Due to IP addresses of item 1 are fixed ( loaned from the local ISP ? ):

1. you can only do the load-sharing solution for these two lines; but no resilient network for IP VPN nor Exchange
  2. resilient network for internet surfing, if floating the default route...( but not the load-balance nor load-sharing for internet surfing )

Cheers

Reply to
bensonlei

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.