How to open port 22 on PIX 515 firewall

I need to be able to connect to outside SFTP server using port 22. How do I open port 22 on our PIX firewall? Please keep it simple since I don't know much about PIX.

Thanks in advance - Mark

Reply to
mtschindler
Loading thread data ...

Using access-list and access-group.

But I fear you will run into much trouble, because SFTP is encrypted and therefore can't be inspect by the PIX. So you have to allow nearly every TCP stream between both servers.

There are good configuration guides on the Cisco website.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

By default the pix will allow outbound traffic from higher to lower(inside network to outside network interfaces) to lower security interfaces without having to do anything other than enabling NAT using the global commands. Post your config so we can see what us already have.

Steve

Reply to
Newbie72

Thanks for your reply - I need something more specific - I did look at cisco but didn't find anything I could use.

Mark

Reply to
mtschindler

formatting link

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Lutz Donnerhacke skrev:

SFTP uses only port 22 as it is tunneled through SSH. You may be thinking of FTPS which uses random ports.

SFTP should be pretty simple to set up using access list permitting tcp port 22.

-SAto

Reply to
SAto

Unfortunately marketing has bastardized the acronyms to the point of being useless. He could be attempting to set up either of the (SSL or SSH). Knowing what actual application he plans on using would be of great here here.

J
Reply to
J

Yep. I confused "SFTP", "FTPS" and "Secure-FTP". Sorry.

Reply to
Lutz Donnerhacke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.