how to disable

Hi i connect on router by console cable on com port.. and now i get all the time syslog message like

*Mar 1 00:19:52.993: %PQUICC-1-LOSTCARR: Unit 0, lost carrier. Transceiver problem? how to disable on console to get messages like this i know on vty 0 4 i can type terminal monitor and i enable how to on console disable tnx
Reply to
Anis
Loading thread data ...

no logging console or logging console

I'd probably recommend 2 or 3 which is just critical messages and higher, or errors and higher. You probably have it set higher at like

5-7. Here is a ciscopress link to help:

formatting link

Reply to
Trendkill

Even better: fix the error instead of the symptom. In this case, an interface seems to lack its network connection. Either plug it in or shut down the interface.

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

Reply to
Anis

If he asked how to fix the problem, I may have helped him with it...... Thanks for the commentary.

Reply to
Trendkill

another thing to look for is the logging synchronous command on line con 0. if its on, it will store up your messages until the next time you log in and then.....message overload!!!

Reply to
brandon.j.carroll

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.