Help routing using 3560 (EMI)

hi,

I'm new to L3 switches and need some help configuring routing for a whole Class-C. My ISP has allocated a class-C for me but I need to do the routing, using my new 3560 switch. The new class-C will be used by about 12 ports of the switch. There are other servers connected now to other ports, vlans, etc.

I need to achieve the following:

- Have total separation/isolation of each port in the switch. Servers connected to one of these 12 ports shouldn't be able to talk to each other and even not see broadcasts/arp requests.

- Be able to use one gateway for the whole class-C and devide IPs between ports as needed, with minimum restrictions (like only /4 blocks and such).

- Servers naturally need to access the Internet.

I don't want to do it the old way using vlans and multiple gateways, looking for a more modern way to achieve this setting - private vlans with proxy arp maybe?

please share relevant config snipets if you can, I'm new to IOS syntax too :)

Thanks, Justin

Reply to
JustinG
Loading thread data ...

Hi Justin,

I would start with putting all ports in the one VLAN and using PORT PROTECTED for all SERVER ports. Have one port in that vlan as NOT PORT PROTECTED. All PROTECTED ports can then talk only to the UNPROTOCTED port. That controls Layer 2, at that point you need to implement Layer

3 (Routing) protection. Depending on how deep you wish to go you could do this in an ACL or you could exit the switch to a Firewall.

One VLAN, One addressing domain, One physical segment.

I hope this helps..............pk.

Reply to
Peter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.