rob.greaves
Loading thread data ...

Hi Bob,

You may want to investigate the Vonage VoIP Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Engineers

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Hi Brad Thanks for the tip, after hours of wading through the vonage forum, I still am no nearer an answer. Ha. It seems that it is not possible to unlock them.

Its a pity as i have a qty that need unlocking. There must be a gifted engineer out there that can answer my call.I would gladly offer a reward for the missing information. thx bob

Reply to
rob.greaves

Bob,

To recover a lost Cisco Analog Telephone Adaptor (ATA) 186 password, reset the whole configuration.

There are two codes to reset the Cisco ATA 186, depending on the software version:

For software versions earlier than 2.xx, use code 444.

For software versions 2.xx and later, use code 322873738 (FACTRESET).

Note: If the ATA does not reset to the factory default settings, make sure you have turned off the use of the TFTP server for provisioning. If you use a TFTP server for provisioning, follow all these steps to reset the Cisco ATA 186 to the factory default settings. If you do not use a TFTP server for provisioning, only follow steps 2 through 5 to reset the Cisco ATA 186 to the factory default settings.

Perform these steps:

Unplug the Ethernet cable.

Pick up the telephone handset.

Press the Function button on top of the ATA.

Enter 322873738#* for release 2.xx or 444#* for other releases.

Hang-up.

Pick up the telephone handset.

Press the Function button on top of the ATA.

To disable the use of TFTP, enter 305#.

When prompted to enter a value, enter 0#.

When prompted with the option to save, enter 3.

Hang-up.

Reconnect the Ethernet cable.

http://129.41.16.73/voice/showcase?case=K29727621 Found at Cisco TAC Contacts Worldwide:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Power Supply Headquarters

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.