GUIs for Cisco VPN client for Linux

Per a request from one of our users that just bought an Eee PC, I downloaded and installed the Cisco VPN client for Linux (4.8.01.0640 is the current version). Before doing the work on the Eee PC, I downloaded a trial of Xandros Desktop Pro 4.2, installed it on an older Pentium III Dell w/ 256MB RAM, installed the kernel source and GCC, and ran the installer. I already have a PCF file from the OS X and Win32 installers I've built and that worked perfectly. What I'm wondering now is, since this is a CLI only client, has anyone tried any of the various GUI add-ons, esp. on Xandros, another Debian based distro, or the Eee PC's custom Xandros build?

The first one I'm considering is KVpnc:

formatting link
'd also like to try a Gnome tool at home on my openSUSE box but it looks like gvpn-dialer is a bit out of date. Is it still viable? Are there any others I should look at? I don't mind compiling from source but having RPMs or .debs are nice, too.

Much thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary
Loading thread data ...

You don't /have/ to run a GNOME app because you're using GNOME - this seems to be a common misconception.

kvpnc works great. The only thing it won't do is TCP transport, but I believe that's a shortcoming of the underlying vpnc program. It also does OpenVPN and Free/SWAN. Perhaps someone could port it to Windows; it seems faster and more reliable than the official Windows client to me anyway.

Reply to
alexd

I don't want to have to compile anything that requires libraries that I don't already have installed since I don't know yet which model of Eee PC I'll be building on. I might be pressed for space just building the kernel module if it's only the 2G model. As for my home desktop, I think I'm already running both Gnome and KDE apps under openSUSE while using neither of their respective window managers.

NAT tranversal handles most issues well enough now without the need for TCP transport. And I'm pretty sure that TCP transport was available in pre

7.x (Finesse) releases of PIX firmware since it showed up as early as the 3.x builds of the client. It has to be enabled on the firewall, first, however, or the client will ignore that entry in the PCF file (e.g. TcpTunnelingPort=10000).

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

formatting link
I bought a yearly VPN it works great

Mac WIN XP/Vista compatibility..

3 Server USA-CANADA-Germany Best Speed and very low price! They sent me these links after i bought VPN you can see tutorials and buy from this page:
formatting link
XP/Vista Setup Flash Tutorial :
formatting link
Mac Setup Flash Tutorial :
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Reply to

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.