FTP/TLS Access Via PIX 7.2

I've been surfing around to try and work out how to configure a PIX to support FTP/TLS access from an Internet user to a server behind my PIX.

I can't see any examples of how to configure this but a few posts suggests that the PIX / ASA doesn't support this feature. I understand that the control connection is encrypted resulting in the PIX not been able to see the Data / PASV reply.

The FTP client is Filezilla.

Any help in debugging or solving this would be appreciated.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
darrenfgreen
Loading thread data ...

FTP/TLS access from an Internet user to a server behind my PIX.

that the PIX / ASA doesn't support this feature. I understand that the control connection is encrypted resulting in the PIX not been able to see the Data / PASV reply.

Either you open the full range of ports towards the FTP/TLS server (and then you have a 1:1 NAT towards that server since you cannot predict in advance which port will be used for the data connection ) or yes the PIX won't open the hole for the data connection unless it proxies the TLS connection but afaik that's done only for the IP phones.

HTH Ale

Reply to
alex

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.