FTP client through ASA5520

My Cisco knowledge is pretty good, but I have to admit I've become a slave to the GUI on my ASA5520, so please be kind.

I'm having a problem when I connect, or try to connect, to an outside FTP server. I've tried several clients and servers and it comes down to the clients that connect through my ASA5520, software version 7.0(6)

Here are a couple examples;

C:\Users\xxxxxx>ftp ftp.ca.com Connected to ftp.ca.com.

220 ftp.ca.com NcFTPd Server (licensed copy) ready. User (ftp.ca.com:(none)): anonymous 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password. Password: 230-You are user #15 of 4000 simultaneous users allowed. 230 Big long banner cut out 230 Logged in anonymously. ftp> ls 550 Data connection must go to same host as control connection. Connection closed by remote host. ftp>

And

C:\Users\xxxxxx>ftp 71.xxx.xxx.xxx Connected to 71.xxx.xxx.xxx.

220 Microsoft FTP Service User (71.248.168.246:(none)): xxxxxx 331 Password required for xxxxxx. Password: 230 User logged in. ftp> ls 501 Server cannot accept argument. 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection.

and it freezes here

In both cases I'm already in passive mode.

Normally I would think of this as a server or firewall (on the server side) problem, but testing shows that its all clients (command line, crystalFTP, and IE) on the inside of my network when connecting to a server outside of my network.

All help is appreciated Thanks

Reply to
RC
Loading thread data ...

conf t fixup protocol ftp 21 exit wr mem

Reply to
Brian V

Thanks

Reply to
RC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.