Flashing lights on C2924-XL-EN

An old Cisco 2924XL-EN switch recently failed here on me. Upon applying power, all the LEDs (for both switch status and port status) flash on and off simultaneously, over and over again. This happens almost immediately; the console doesn't show anything. I couldn't find anything via Google describing this behavior. Does anyone know what this indicates (aside from, "get a new switch" ;-)?

Thanks, Mike

-- | Manager for Networking, Admin. Michael T. Davis (Mike) | & Research Computing: CBE/MSE

formatting link
| The Ohio State University | 197 Watts, (614) 292-6928 ** E-mail is the best way to contact me **

Reply to
Michael T. Davis
Loading thread data ...

Get a new switch. :)

It means that boot flash or RAM is bad, and both are soldered onto the motherboard for that model.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks for the information. Is this documented authoritatively somewhere accessible (online)?

Regards, Mike

-- | Manager for Networking, Admin. Michael T. Davis (Mike) | & Research Computing: CBE/MSE

formatting link
| The Ohio State University | 197 Watts, (614) 292-6928 ** E-mail is the best way to contact me **

Reply to
Michael T. Davis

No, just experience with piles and piles of the things. They seemed to be suspectable to ESD too easily in my view. I replaced many while they were still current.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.