Firewall Image

I copied all my firewall configurations to a tftp server. Piece o cake. However now I was thinking that it would be a good idea to copy the PIX image but I cannot seem to get it to work. I was able to copy the IOS for my routers without a problem. I found a Cisco article at the following link that explains how to copy the PIX image to a TFTP server but it is not working for me:

formatting link

In the article it states:

Issue the copy flash tftp command in order to copy the PIX image from Flash to the TFTP server:

pix#copy flash tftp Address or name of remote host []? 10.0.0.1 Source filename []? pix512.bin Destination filename [pix512.bin]? Accessing tftp://10.66.64.10/backup_cfg_for_pix... !!!!

1030 bytes copied in 9.612 secs (107 bytes/sec) pix#

When I do copy flash tftp all I get is this: pix# copy flash tftp Usage: copy capture: tftp:/// [pcap] copy http[s]://[:@][:]/

flash[:[image | pdm]] copy tftp[:[[//location][/pathname]]] flash[:[image | pdm]]

None of these commands are what I want (I think). I am on PIX 515 6.3.3 The TFTP-Server line is entered and it works for copying PIX configs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
dexteroc
Loading thread data ...

do a show flash or watch during a reboot to see the name of the flash boot file, then do copy flash:.bin tftp

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

On version 6.3 a show flash will display the following:

flash file system: version:3 magic:0x12345679 file 0: origin: 0 length:1941560 file 1: origin: 2490368 length:6832 file 2: origin: 0 length:0 file 3: origin: 2621440 length:3126944 file 4: origin: 0 length:0 file 5: origin:16646144 length:308

There are no file names in this PIX version just "file 0", "file 1", etc. and it does not display a file name when booting the firewall. According to my Cisco PIX/ASA book, File 0 is always the PIX image but that is of no help. I tried to use the command "copy flash:file0.bin tftp" and other forms of this command but nothing worked.

Reply to
dexteroc

I saw another post saying it as not possible to download a .bin from a pix only possible to upload it.. kind of contradicts cisco.com.. google is your friend.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

That might have changed to be possible in PIX 7

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.