Extendable Option in IP NAT. Please Help!

Hallo, i can not understand, what meanthe option "extendable" in the config:

ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.10 5101 10.10.10.10 5101 extendable ip nat inside source static tcp 172.16.10.20 5102 10.10.10.10 5102 extendable

formatting link
The extendable keyword allows the user to configure several ambiguous static translations, where an ambiguous translations are translations with the same local or global address. ip nat inside source static extendable

Do i have the option "extendable" because of 2 static nat policies with the same global address (10.10.10.10) ?

Thank You!

Reply to
friesen.sv
Loading thread data ...

If you look at the "show ip nat translations" command you'll see the output is a table with a bunch of fields per translation.

An extended translation is one where all the columns are filled in so we have enough information to tell which translation a particular packet matches.

Not all entries are extended so it's possible that one entry can match several different connections if you will.

That's my understanding. Extendable is just a way to tell NAT to remember as much as possible about a translation.

Reply to
Martin Gallagher

Thank You!

Reply to
friesen.sv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.