DSL config with external modem

Hi guys,

I am looking for a document that shows 2800 series router configuration for DSL using an external modem; All what i find is for internal modem.

Regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

not 100 % match, but maybe it helps ....

formatting link
formatting link

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Zerwes

formatting link

Sorry the comms provided will be shdsdl.

Does this make a difference? Im looking for an idea of the config if i just present the ethernet cable from the modem to the fastethernet 0/0 of the cisco 2600 series router.

This would be my nat outside interface?

Any help is appreciated, oh and thanks Klaus for the prompt reply. You are a gent.

Regards Andrew.

Reply to
tweety

Klaus,

Thank you for the links.

I found this configuration for external modem:

Current Configuration: ! version 12.1 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime ! hostname ciscorouter ! ip subnet-zero no ip domain-lookup !

!--- Configure the home / SOHO network interface's IP address !--- The "ip nat" statement tells your router that !--- this interface: !--- 1) uses NAT !--- 2) is the inside "private" interface ! interface Ethernet0 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside

! interface Ethernet1 ip address 97.158.253.25 255.255.255.248 ip nat outside

!--- Tells the router to NAT all traffic that passes !--- through it: !--- 1) From the inside to the outside, !--- 2) And whose IP address is in the 192.168.1.0 network !--- as given in access list 1 !--- 3) Must get an outside "public" address that is the !--- same as interface ethernet1 ! ip nat inside source list 1 interface ethernet1 overload

!--- This statement performs the static address translation !--- for the Web server. !--- With this statement, users trying to reach 97.158.253.26 !--- port 80 (www) will be automatically redirected to !--- 192.168.1.100 port 80 (www), which in this case !--- is the Web server. !--- ! ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.100 80 97.158.253.26 80 extendable

!--- Set your default gateway as provided by your ISP ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 97.158.253.30

! access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255

! end

from this link

formatting link

Andrew,

As far as i remember from my CCNP course the difference is in the upload and download, but this was like 4 years ago.

formatting link

Anyways i am going to implemet this configuration tomorrow and i will get back to you guys.

Regards, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.