Driver for Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless adapter.

Where may I find the latest driver for the card in the subject (max 11b)?

I downloaded some but i can not get any signal. Same position another card, everything is ok.

TIA

Alex.

Reply to
AM
Loading thread data ...

~ Where may I find the latest driver for the card in the subject (max 11b)?

formatting link
(assuming Windows XP.)

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

formatting link
(assuming Windows XP.)

Unfortunately the link directed me to the main page of software download in general :( even after having done the CCO login.

Thanks anyway.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

~ Aaron Leonard wrote: ~ ~ > ~ Where may I find the latest driver for the card in the subject (max 11b)? ~ > ~ >

formatting link
> (assuming Windows XP.) ~ ~ Unfortunately the link directed me to the main page of software download in general :( even after having done the CCO login. ~ ~ Thanks anyway. ~ ~ Alex.

Well, our web designers continue to enhance the user experience in wonderful ways.

The following breadcrumb trail should work:

formatting link
(not logged in) -> downloads pulldown -> wireless software Wireless LAN Access -> Cisco Wireless LAN Client Adapters -> Cisco Aironet Wireless LAN Client Adapters -> Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Client Adapter

at this point you will be prompted to enter your CCO username/password. I tested with a guest-level account and it worked.

Now click on "Aironet Client Installation Wizard (Firmware, Driver, Utility)" and select your OS, and keep drilling on thru ...

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

LAN Client Adapter

Ok many thanks,

just a feedback:

after the login I have to choose among 5 possibilities (Bundle, Firmware, Installation Wizard, Survey, Setup utilities)

Choosing Bundle I can not see Windows 2000 as option (maybe there are not driver for that OS, between NT and XP I think it's better to choose XP)

Choosing Installation wizard I can choose Windows 2000 but then I'm promted for the release. What release it's asking for? I tried 350 and clicked on GO button but it didn't work.

Alex.

Reply to
AM

Ok sorry for the previuos post. I was using Mozilla not IE. Anyway I checked I installed the release 1.7.0.1.

Opening Aironet Client Utility I saw there is no utility to scan the air and see which networks are available. Moreover the most of the time trying to use utilities like "Link Test" or "Site Survey" or "Link Status Meter" I get the message "Your 350 Series is not Associated". What does that mean? I don't know where to specify I want to use the only LAN adapter inserted in my pcmcia slot when running ACU :(

Thanks,

Alex.

Reply to
AM

~ > Now click on "Aironet Client Installation Wizard (Firmware, Driver, Utility)" ~ > and select your OS, and keep drilling on thru ... ~ > ~ > Aaron ~ ~ Ok sorry for the previuos post. I was using Mozilla not IE.

Hm, I use Firefox (1.0.7) all the time and it works PRETTY well with our wonderful new Wireless Software Center.

~ Anyway I checked I installed the release 1.7.0.1.

Yep, that's the one. Glad you finally got it.

~ Opening Aironet Client Utility I saw there is no utility to scan the air and see which networks are available. Moreover ~ the most of the time trying to use utilities like "Link Test" or "Site Survey" or "Link Status Meter" I get the message ~ "Your 350 Series is not Associated". What does that mean? I don't know where to specify I want to use the only LAN ~ adapter inserted in my pcmcia slot when running ACU :( ~ ~ Thanks, ~ ~ Alex.

OK ... if you want to "scan the air and see which networks are available", then I'd recommend that you check out CASSU (the Site Survey Utilility.) It is officially supported only with CB21AG/PI21AG, but it should work fine with the 350. You can get it here:

formatting link
(not logged in) -> Downloads -> Wireless -> Wireless LAN Access -> Wireless LAN Client Adapters ->

-> Wireless LAN Client Adapters -> CB21AG -> Aironet Site Survey Utility

i.e.

formatting link
Cheers,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.