diale watch problem

I am using dialer route watch system to trigger isdn backup in case of FR link failure and genneraly it is working ok. But if router is booted and FR link is down then ISDN backup is not trigerred. Any ideas why?

Reply to
Drx
Loading thread data ...

I made the same experience some years ago. It seems thet dialer watch can only trigger the transition from an active route to down. So therefore if the route does not exist after reboot dialer watch will not be triggered. I didnt see this behaviour from any written documentation but I faced the same problem.

cheers Horst

Horst Wagner (CCIE# 7975, CCSI# 20806}

Konkret Netzprojekte GmbH Friedrich Mohr Str. 14

56070 Koblenz Germany Tel: +49 261 80091 0 Fax: +49 261 80091 49 Email: snipped-for-privacy@netzprojekte.de Web:
formatting link
Reply to
Horst Wagner

Also I have met the same problem and I have resolved it with the following command:

CCO Document ID: 5600 dialer watch-list group-number delay route-check initial seconds : This command enables the router to check whether the primary route is up after the initial startup of the router is complete and the timer (in seconds) expires. Without this command, dialer watch is only triggered when the primary route is removed from the routing table. If the primary link fails to come up during initial startup of the router, the route is never added to the routing table and hence cannot be watched. Therefore, with this command, dialer watch will dial the backup link in the event of a primary link failure during the initial start up of the router.

"Horst Wagner" ha scritto nel messaggio news:dsfmuk$gjr$ snipped-for-privacy@news.rhein-zeitung.de...

Reply to
Cp_Harlock

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.