Daylight Savings Time Impact

Does anyone know of a good/reliable source of info regarding the impact of the Daylight Savings Time to Cisco equipment? Thanks in advance.

NewsGuy

Reply to
Newsguy
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate:

Impact of Daylight Savings Time

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

clock summer-time CDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00

Change the timezone to match your's.

J
Reply to
J

The following Tutorial has everything you need to know about Daylight Savings Time:

Properly set a Cisco router's clock and time zone

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

"J" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Can you use the full spelling of the months, i.e. March or November, or do they have to be the three character spelling?

Will the 'recurring' option use the previous "accepted" Cisco dates of April and October hence confusing it with the March and November options?

Since Microsoft is not putting out a patch to handle the new Dayight change days for Win2000 or less, does anyone know of a free add-on I can put on my Win2000 machines that will get the time from my routers?

Reply to
J Anlee

innews: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

No idea - have a look on

formatting link

Well there seem to be two options:- Either the comand where you enter the new months works or it does nothing and has been included by the engineers at Cisco to dazzle and confuse the customers. I have no idea if the command will work with your particular software version. Why not test it? In general though Cisco commands do stuff. I would put a small wager on this one working too.

Ther are several free NTP clients/servers for W2000 and it may even do it itself (net time comand) however I don't know that it will solve the problem. NTP will very likely not communicate daylight savings time status. It will probably send UTC time and it is up to you how you want to display it.

For day to day life the time and how it is displayed are the same thing. For NASA and international stock traders they are not.

Reply to
Bod43

innews: snipped-for-privacy@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Wow! My old 804 with 12.1(26) accepted that command with no protests. Guess I won't know if it actually works until March. But I've never seen it accept a command it didn't know how to execute fully.

Loren

Reply to
Loren Amelang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.