Configure Aironet 1100 with static ip and as a DHCP server

While looking at cisco.com to find som documentation for this, anybody done this configuration: The AP is connected to an LAN with internet access thru its ethernetport. I want to assign a static ip for the AP, but also wants it to act as a DHCP server. I want the Ap to assign ip addresses in a drifferent range than the LAN connection. Something like this:

LAN with internetaccess 192.168.0.0/24: DefGw: 192.168.0.1 DNS: 192.168.0.10

The AP will be assigned 192.168.0.99/24 with DefGw and DNS as above.

The AP's Wireless side, I would like to configure as DHCP server with the range 10.0.0.0/24

Anyone that has easy config to do this?

I will be looking the cisco web for answer, but if anyone can give me a helping hand I would appriciate that.

Sand-Strand

Reply to
Goggen
Loading thread data ...

Hi Sand-Strand,

~ While looking at cisco.com to find som documentation for this, anybody done ~ this configuration: ~ The AP is connected to an LAN with internet access thru its ethernetport. I ~ want to assign a static ip for the AP, but also wants it to act as a DHCP ~ server.

You can do that.

~ I want the Ap to assign ip addresses in a drifferent range than the LAN ~ connection. Something like this: ~ ~ LAN with internetaccess 192.168.0.0/24: ~ DefGw: 192.168.0.1 ~ DNS: 192.168.0.10 ~ ~ The AP will be assigned 192.168.0.99/24 with DefGw and DNS as above. ~ ~ The AP's Wireless side, I would like to configure as DHCP server with the ~ range 10.0.0.0/24 ~ ~ Anyone that has easy config to do this?

The AP is not a router, so you can't use it to route between your net

10.0.0/24 and your net 192.168.0/24, which is what it sounds like you want to do. It only supports a single IP local address in a single subnet.

A wireless router such as an 851W or 871W would let you do this.

Regards,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.