Configuration reverted to previous configuration after power loss

Hi Everyone,

I do not have much experience with the Cisco PIX 506e, but one of my customers uses one, so here I am... A few months ago I modified an access rule using the PDM. I used the "Save" button to save the configuration to the flash memory. Everything worked fine. A week ago we had an extended power outage and the UPS ran out of battery. When the power was restored the PIX came back up fine, however based on traffic into the network it appeared that the PIX configuration was not correct. After logging into the PDM I saw that the configuration was not correct. It had reverted back to the previous configuration before I modified the access rules. Please not, the previous configuration was NOT the default PIX configuration.

Did I miss a step somewhere that would commit the changes to in a more permanent fashion?

Any help appreciated.

CW

Reply to
ward
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.