Configuration register setting question

I have an older 4000 switch with the following output from a "sh boot" command. I'm trying to determine what the configuration register setting (0x2) below will yield during a boot. Are configuration register settings uniform across all platforms ?

*** sw-cgd-4th> (enable) sh boot BOOT variable = bootflash:cat4000-k9.7-1-2.bin,1; CONFIG_FILE variable = bootflash:switch.cfg

Configuration register is 0x2 ignore-config: disabled auto-config: non-recurring console baud: 9600 boot: image specified by the boot system commands

Reply to
keithdew
Loading thread data ...

Check out this link from Cisco. It explains the config register values for the 4000 series.

formatting link
About the second part of your question, the answer is yes and no. The same config register means the same thing across all platforms, but not all config register values are supported across all platforms. HTH.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Thanks for the URL. One more question, my above example indicates "0x2"

Is this setting the same as 0x2000 or 0x0002 ? The document indicates a

16bit register and I'm unsure if there is any truncation of zeros ?
Reply to
keithdew

I believe that would be the same as 0x2000.

Reply to
Robert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.